Let's bridge the gap....
between mental and physical health.
Top Five Mental Health Benefits From Exercise
1. Exercise release endorphins, which are chemicals that cause relaxation and positive mood changes.
2. Endorphins from exercise also improve memory
3. Physical activity increases dopamine, norepinephrine, and serotonin, improving attention and focus while reducing ADHD.
4. Working out teaches resilience to life's obstacles.
5. Even five to ten minutes of physical activity can relieve stress.
Five Steps to Getting Back in Shape
To Improve Your Mental Health
1. Think of what will motivate you to exercise.
2. To have energy to move, eat foods that are high in fiber, whole grains, and proteins.
3. Find friends who will motivate you and whom you will motive. *
4. Start small with mini-workouts. *
5. Be well-rested and have plenty of sleep. *
Top Five Exercises to Get Started
1. Take walks or run for 15 to 20 minutes
2. Always stretch and warm up to avoid injuries from pulling muscles.*
3. Practice bodyweight exercises from squats to planks to work the upper and lower body if you don't have equipment.*
4. If you do have weights, try lifting any amount that works your muscles after at least ten reps.*
5. Exercise 2-3 days per week to allow yourself some rest.*
Five Celebrities Who Faced Mental Health Challenges
1. Dwayne Johnson
2. Tom Hardy
3. Demi Lovato
4. Ashley Benson
5. Ellie Goulding
As role models and public figures, these folks teach us that anyone can struggle with their mental health. These celebrities have found physical activity to be a helpful way to improve their well-being.
These celebrities perform exercises of all kinds such as weight training, boxing, pilates, and circuit training. Adding some sort of physical activity in your wellness toolbox can be a great way to promote mental wellness!